Saturday, 26 October 2013
Blood for the Blood God!
I was nervous when I was preparing to add blood and gore to Angron and his victims. If I messed it up, then it would be very difficult to remove. But once again, the materials used did most of the work.
Wednesday, 23 October 2013
I'm very much enjoying weathering. Just as I have become sold on decals and sponge weathering during this project, I have now become sold on weathering powders. They are so simple to use and give a great effect. I may have gone a little over the top because I was enjoying myself, but everything now looks sufficiently battle-worn.
Monday, 21 October 2013
I've now done the first stage of weathering; the addition of battle damage and paint chipping to the marines on the base. The is the first time I've tried weathering and I quite enjoyed it. Perhaps I went a little heavy on it for that reason, but with Death Guard and World Eaters I can probably get away with it.
Saturday, 19 October 2013
Decals. I'm sold. 100%. I'm as sold as an unscrupulous salesperson's grandmother.
I think decals will be my new way of adding badges ad other details to models as they are far better than I would ever be able to paint freehand and the results are really great.
This post won't be a tutorial, as I followed a better one than I would be able to write (I'll give a link later), but there will be plenty of photos.
Tuesday, 15 October 2013
This is just a quick update on my Angron project to show how I've got on with the basing so far. I've now got the basic painting done on the base and diorama base, all ready for weathering powders.
Saturday, 12 October 2013
This post being titled 'Angron: WIP 1' may be appropriate, but, as you can see, while there's been a certain amount of 'W' completed, there's really too much 'P' already done for my liking. But I need to stop neglecting this blog and update it with something. Got to please my fans after all. You're both welcome.