Monday 17 December 2012

Gunn the Sullen


Just a quick update on my Space Wolves. I've been busy taking some photos of my completed Space Wolf models this evening, one of which was my test model from a while back. It seemed appropriate that he became the first completed Space Wolf I post.

This is Gunn the Sullen, an unusually withdrawn warrior who has never revealed what troubles his soul. Nevertheless, his calmness and efficiency in battle is valued by his pack, even though he never seeks acclaim or renown. In battle, Gunn mutters unheard words under his breath as he kills rather than bellowing with the exuberance of his fellows.


Gunn has kept a meticulous tally of his kills and it is said that he will only allow himself to feel the joy of the murder-make when a particular number is reached. What that number is remains a mystery.


I can't tell you how nice it is to post my first completed Space Wolf. It's been a long time coming, and more will follow soon if my photos came out ok.

Comments, as ever, are more than welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Just to check. Has an extra 'r' managed to sneak it's way into his name?

    I really like his backstory. Does every marine in the army have one as detailed?

    Also. I stick by my comments, that's far better than tabletop quality. It's really superb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erm ... well done, I was hoping someone would spot that ... yes, just testing ...

      I've fixed my bad spelling ... stupid education system teaching me phonetic spelling!

      My aim is to give each marine at least a name and honourific/nickname. A backstory for almost 100 guys is perhaps a little ambitious, but I'll see how it goes. I'll do it for my favourites and HQ's at least.

      That's kind of you to say about the painting. Maybe because it's my own model I can see all the faults and the things I'm not happy with.

      Delete