Thursday, 14 November 2013

Side project: Han Solo


I know this isn't 40K related, but it's hobby related, so I've decided it counts and I can post it!

I picked this Han Solo model up a few years ago from Knight Models and only just recently painted it. I;m not sure why I left it so long, but I'm glad I did as I don't think I had the skills to do a half-decent job a few years ago.
Firstly, I have to say this sculpt is just about the best I've ever seen. The likeness to Harrison Ford is absolutely spot-on, and the pose and facial expression is perfect.

This is a 70 mm model, so quite a bit bigger than the 28 mm 40K models I'm used to. I have to say, I'm a fan of this scale. Blending colours is easier as you have more space to work with to make the transition and you don't have to highlight quite so extremely.

I had a lot of fun with this. It's a shame that Knight Models no longer make Star Wars miniatures, as I'd be very tempted to paint up another one.

Anyway, here's a boat load of photos!









Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon and you can forgive this little diversion. Angron is finished, so I just need to get some photos taken and I'll post up photos as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah - he shot first!

    Looks so good - It is a real shame Knights Miniatures stepped away from Star Wars - they had some cool pieces.

    Great job on this one.

    ReplyDelete