Tuesday 15 October 2013

Angron: WIP 2


This is just a quick update on my Angron project to show how I've got on with the basing so far. I've now got the basic painting done on the base and diorama base, all ready for weathering powders.


It was a little fiddly at times painting around the Death Guard on the main base, but I managed not to mess him up. There was a couple of little splashes of paint, but I wasn't too worried about it as he's going to get pretty weathered in the end.


The rocks/rubble was just a very basic job of a basecoat of Mechanicus Standard Grey, a drybrush of Longbeard Grey, and a wash of Nuln Oil. I reckon Forge World cast actual slate here as the rocks are very realistic.


The brown earth was Steel Legion Drab drybrushed with Tyrant Skull then washed with Agrax Earthshade followed by another wash of a little Nuln oil. I was trying to go for a kind of scorched look.

Duck!

The metal bits were just Leadbelcher washed with Nuln oil. The few coppery metals were Dwarf Bronze washed again with Nuln Oil.


There is a lot of detail on this entire base and I found it to be quite easy to paint. All the texture means that with drybrushing and washing the whole thing paints itself.


I'm very pleased how this turned out even without any weathering. In fact, I might go a little easy on the powders as sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone. I will rust up and corrode the metals, but the rocks and earth are already shaping up quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment